Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
- New York, NY
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Infrastructure team, responsible for Bluecore’s Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, and SRE practices. We operate at tremendous scale, with systems that process billions of requests per day and manage petabytes of data. The Infrastructure team supports our larger engineering organization by maintaining our Kubernetes clusters, other GCP resources, supports our metrics platform, CI/CD toolchain, security, and maintaining our network topology. This is a highly skilled team making a large impact to the business.
This role will help guide the team to deliver high quality and high-performance systems and work with other engineering managers to lead shared efforts. Reliability, Scalability, and Efficiency are core tenets to Bluecore infrastructure. We aim to enable teams to be self-sufficient by providing a solid platform for building, deploying, and operating their services. Some recent projects include upgraded, rolling release Kubernetes clusters, the deployment of OPA and Forseti to enforce infrastructure policy, a cost instrumentation tool for teams to optimize their GCP spend, and a new CI/CD pipeline based on Argo, Kustomize, and Config Connector.
- Develop a team of engineers through 1-1 career coaching, mentoring, and management support.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, data scientists, product owners, and stakeholders to improve the efficiency and reliability of our platform.
- Advise on best practices for designing and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers.
- Foster an excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous improvement.
- Plan, design, and roadmap extremely large and complex projects with difficult and intertwined dependencies that push the boundary of what the engineering team and the entire business is capable of.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in building, managing and leading highly productive teams.
- Experience with leading infrastructure focused teams providing Infrastructure as Code, SRE, and DevOps practices to organizations.
- A highly technical and effective people manager with experience directly leading teams.
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining modern applications or data pipelines on public clouds (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS).
- Proven track record of agile management with different engineering teams and products.
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate both within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives.
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress.
- Track-record of delivering high-quality products and a knack for getting things done.
- Experience building similar industry solutions preferred: especially data-driven/complex/customizable enterprise SaaS products within the marketing/advertising/e-commerce or other emerging technology (Artificial Intelligence, etc.) spaces.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Back to top