Data Science at Bluecore is a cross-functional effort that focuses on delivering ML products, not models. While we take pride in the models we build and invest heavily in principled research, we understand that models only provide value if they are incorporated into a product that is easy to adopt and provides significant value. To that end, our data scientists work with product managers to research and develop models that solve our clients’ pain points, infrastructure engineers to orchestrate training and testing, back-end engineers to integrate them seamlessly into our product, and designers and front-end engineers to ensure they are easy to adopt.
We are looking for a manager to lead the team of data scientists and engineers building our data science products. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering ML products into production, as well as experience with fostering a healthy model development lifecycle that balances research, development, time to value, and performance. They should also have experience building, or managing teams that have built, the tools and development environments that empower data scientists to quickly take their ideas to production and iterate on them.
The ideal candidate is either a data scientist with significant managerial experience, or an engineering manager that has several years of experience working with data scientists building ML products. They have a strong technical background and a track record of working with teams to solve problems with elegant solutions. We are looking for people who are just as excited about scaling technical solutions as they are about scaling people and organizations. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent and experience over existing skill sets in our hiring. Our Managers are people who view their roles as supporting the team rather than running it.
Bluecore’s Engineering team is made up of exemplary engineers who believe in working collaboratively to solve complex technical problems and build creative solutions that are as simple as possible, but as powerful as necessary. We emphasize a culture of making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Develop a team of engineers and data scientists through 1-1 career coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, data scientists, data analysts, product owners, and stakeholders to solve interesting and challenging problems across our marketing platform
- Advise on best practices for designing scalable solutions, e.g. via design reviews, code reviews, and help onboarding new technologies
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard data scientists and data analysts
- Foster an inclusive work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous improvement
- Work with tech leads and product managers to develop and maintain a clear roadmap, ensuring changes or risks to timelines are communicated to stakeholders, and dependencies on other teams' roadmaps are called out and prioritized
- This role will be managing a team of data scientists and engineers through the research, development and serving of models. As such we are considering two profiles: Profile 1: 5+ years data science experience researching, developing, deploying, and maintaining models at scale, and 2+ years of management experience; Profile 2: 5+ years software engineering experience working with data scientists to develop, train, and deploy models at scale to production, and 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical and effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- History of successfully delivering and leading teams to deliver ML models to production
- Experience with ML model development lifecycles
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining ML/AI models on public clouds (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS) and with sizable datasets
- Proven track record of agile management with different engineering/data science teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers and data scientists make technical and career progress
- Track-record of delivering high-quality products and a knack for getting things done well
- Experience building similar industry solutions preferred: especially data-driven/complex/customizable enterprise SaaS products within the marketing/advertising/e-commerce or other emerging technology (Artificial Intelligence, etc.) spaces
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are proud of the culture of flexibility, inclusivity and trust that we have built around our workforce. We are a remote first organization with the option to potentially work in our New York headquarters on occasion moving forward. We love the opportunity to come together – but employees will always have the option on where they work best.
At Bluecore we believe in encouraging an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, demonstrate their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to building a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.