The User Experience team is a valued member of the Product Development team at Backcountry.com, and plays a vital role in ensuring the products we build for our customers match their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions. We collaborate closely with Product Managers, Developers and Subject Matter Experts in other departments to build innovative, user-friendly products that our customers love.
User Experience Designers have outstanding conceptual, research, interaction, and visual design skills, as well as a strong understanding of information architecture and user centered design principles. You will be responsible for strategically thinking through all stages of the design process and executing with great attention to detail. Being a team player is a must, and collaboration will be a primary focus within your design process.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Design and UX jobs in Park City, UT delivered to your inbox every week.
About the Role:
- Advocating for the user
- Aligning your thinking and design principles with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our customers and speaking knowledgeably to them at all stages of product development
- Preparing for and leading user research efforts
- Cross-functional collaboration to define effective solutions based on research findings & site analytics
- Creation of concepts, wireframes, and high quality designs / prototypes through testing, experimentation and development
- Iterating designs based on testing results
- Close collaboration with developers to bring your designs to life
- 2+ years of UX experience
- Academic background in visual/human interaction, computer science, graphic design, or related field
- Deep understanding of all stages of the design process
- Clean visual design sensibilities
- Ability to work within and progress an established design system
- Proven record of design usability for web based experiences with a deep understanding of mobile-first, accessible and responsive design
- Large scale or ecommerce experience a plus
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, and heuristic analysis
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with an engineering team
- Basic knowledge of CSS & HTML
- Proficiency working in programs such as Sketch, InVision, Optimizely, UsabilityHub, Adobe Analytics, or Adobe Creative Suit
Compensation Range: $80,000 - $95,000 annually depending on experience.
On-site Requirements: Park City, Utah office 3 days a week.