Our Financial Analysts report on and analyze financial results across Backcountry’s suite of ecommerce sites. Ongoing reporting and performing ad hoc analysis as well as other support is required. Financial Analysts also assist in budgeting, forecasting and treasury.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus will be on margin and brand planning
- Produce accurate financial reports and daily dashboards.
- Build and update financial models and budgets and perform ad hoc data inquiries as needed
- Work with business intelligence tools to extract relevant data as needed. Work with BI team members to gather data as required.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of concepts and principles of business metrics and analyses, including their application to effective reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for financial storytelling in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes.
- Assist with month-end close
Want more jobs like this?
Get Accounting and Finance jobs in Portland, OR delivered to your inbox every week.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stay current on retail industry trends and developments; stay current with the latest analytics trends and developments.
- Discuss trends with FP&A team members and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required. The preferred degree path is economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, or business administration.
- 1-3 years of professional experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be curious and interested in learning FP&A.
- The ability to understand and read financial budgets, reports, models, and data is required.
- Basic understanding of financial reports and preparation of dashboards is required.
Our philosophy is to hire the best person for the job to help us continue leading the Powersports industry in selection, quality and customer service. Youll find we have some of the most devoted customers thanks to our most knowledgeable Gearheads. But dont worry if you havent a clue about the whoops. Most of us ride, and some dont, but all of us bring a passion for dirt bikes, motorcycles and ATVs. Weve got a great culture made up of passionate dirt bike riders who discuss the podium every Monday after Supercross, die-hard sportbike owners who never let the rain ruin a Sunday morning ride, and those who havent got a clue how to pronounce Acerbis. Above all else, we value skills, experience and personality so if youve got those, chances are, youll be a great fit.
MotoSport provides a great benefits package including family health insurance, 401K retirement plan with employer match, and paid time off. And, of course, we offer awesome discounts not only on the parts and gear we sell on our website but also our parent company - Backcountry!