- San Diego, CA
Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Role Number: 200192692
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day! Apple's RF System Engineering Team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated engineering lab manager responsible for supporting a large engineering team along with the care and upkeep of multiple engineering lab spaces.
- Experience in lab setup, lab management and improvement; and managing an engineering lab space
- Experience designing and assembling test fixtures and jigs
- Experience procuring and keeping inventory of electronic parts, tools, and laboratory consumables
- Solid understanding of Mac OSX and Windows OS, MS Office, and TCP/IP networking
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical lab equipment: multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, microscope, etc. is required
- Hands-on experience with Cellular Call Boxes and Conformance Test equipment from key vendors like R&S (CMW500, etc.), Anritsu (MT8000, etc.) and Keysight (UXM, etc.) is a plus
- Flexible and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
As an Engineering Lab Manager you will be focusing on the building, maintaining, and operating of our engineering labs. As the point-of-contact for engineering lab-related activities, you will forecast and procure materials for engineering needs and inventory control, manage inventory of hardware components, equipment, products, and other supplies, and procure spare parts, and supplies to ensure all supplies are stocked and available when needed. You will manage the engineering lab day-to-day operations including lab organization, lab space access and security, and safety protocols. You will be engineering adherence to safety, regulatory, and quality requirements as needed to maintain compliance with lab certifications and local requirements. You will be organizing the lab layout and moving tools, equipment, and inventory as required for optimum performance. You will also be performing lab asset management duties including storing specialized development hardware, overseeing vehicle use for transporting equipment between lab spaces, maintaining instrument calibrations, servicing laboratory equipment, and managing equipment and asset database. You will train engineers on specialized equipment usage, lab practices, and safely working within the lab environment. You will be collaborating with engineers on new equipment designs, installation, and operation. You will be analyzing and effectively communicating lab related issues, and make recommendations for next steps in lab tools and infrastructure. You will also be planning for new locations and spaces accounting for team growth budgeting. You will be working with various equipment and services both cross-functional and external vendors.
Education & Experience
4+ years of relevant experience is a must. College degree or it's equivalent in a technical or vocational training is preferred.
Back to top