GPU Top Level Physical Design Engineer
- Austin, TX
Posted: May 4, 2021
Role Number: 200012338
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient GPU. You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This role requires a mix of strategic engineering along with hands-on, technical work. You will be responsible for implementing complete chip design from netlist to tapeout. You will have hands on experience in physical design and large chip integration.
- Deep experience with all aspects of ASIC integration including Floorplanning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration
- Deep knowledge of GPU issues such as multiple voltage and clock domains, ESD strategies, mixed signal block integration, and package interactions.
- Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design, budgeting, timing and physical convergence.
- Your depth of expertise on integrating IP from both internal and external vendors and be able to specify and drive IP requirements in the physical domain will serve you well.
- Experience with large subsystem designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHz utilizing state of the art technologies.
- Familiar with various process related design issues including Design for Yield and Manufacturability, multi Vt strategies and thermal Mgt.
- From a CAD tool perspective, experience with Floorplanning tools, P&R flows, global timing verification and Physical Design Verification Flows is required.
Collaborate with FE team to understand chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in design cycle. Help push innovation with the physical design team, as you drive methodologies and "best known methods" to streamline PD work. Develop PD guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and supervise progress. Be the focal point for place and route. Drive the work among PnR engineers to set goals, plan short and long-term work, understand dependencies between different domains like top, STA, block place and route. Reach new career highs as you resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution. Are you a confident problem solver who thrives under pressure to find new, creative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are excited to hear from you!
Education & Experience
MSEE or equivalent is required.
Back to top