As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with the intelligence community (IC), cloud services vendors, and IC teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address the IC's business problems and accelerate the adoption of cloud services across the enterprise. In collaboration with the vendors, you will drive cost-savings the IC while addressing the cloud-based requirements across a broad set of IC end-users. As a trusted advocate, the Solutions Architect will help internal IC organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. The Solutions Architect will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of cloud services amongst enterprise end-users. The Solutions Architect must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology or cloud services consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable enterprise value is critical to a solutions architect. The Solutions Architect should ensure analysis of cloud service alternatives are conducted and prioritized to ensure the IC properly designs business and mission solutions using cloud bases systems and services. The Solutions Architect should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about enterprise environments, cloud-based products/software, and technical challenges.
- In partnership with other members of the enterprise cloud services team, formulate and execute a cost-savings strategy to exceed objectives through the adoption of cloud services
- As a key member of the enterprise cloud services team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services over to a cloud architecture
- Educate end-users on the value proposition of cloud services, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to end-users that have had their workflows or concept-of-operations migrated over to a back-end cloud architecture
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the enterprise cloud services team
- Author or otherwise contribute to end-user publications such as whitepapers, reference guides, or lessons learned
- Build deep relationships with senior management within the enterprise to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between end-users, enterprise cloud services team, service engineering teams, and technical support team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- 8+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- 4+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- 7+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.