Alion is looking for a Software Developer/System Software Engineer to join our national team for the recently awarded contract in China Lake, CA. Alion continues to be the Navy's choice for integrating, operating, and maintaining the Tactical Training Ranges, Navy Continuous Training Environment, and Tactical Combat Training System Increment II to realize a persistent world-wide Live, Virtual, Constructive training capability. The Software Developer/System Software Engineer provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification defense related software systems.
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers/analyst working on a specific project.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree and 12-15 years of relevant experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience.
- Must have 10 years experience developing real-time software for a defense-related system.
- Must have active Secret clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.