Alion Science and Technology is searching for a Senior Operations Research Analyst.
As a Subject Matter Expert in a space-related field, analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of complex military systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision-making. Utilizes complex modeling and simulation and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
- Provide integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, verification and validation, and documentation of modeling and simulation based decision support system applications.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines in determining solutions. Participates in testing and implementation and recommends solutions to problems identified.
- Much of this effort particularly consists of the use of the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) suite of tools, which is a mission level modeling environment.
- AFSIM is open government rights and distributable throughout DoD.
- AFSIM provides the environment to develop both constructive and virtual simulations.
- Part of this work includes development/incorporation of space capabilities into the AFSIM engine and collective through code, libraries, plugins, or script functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations research or a related field plus 10 or more years of related operations research experience.
- Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience in the following:
- Data analysis
- Presentation, Trends, Sensitivity Analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Probability Distributions, Confidence, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, regression
- Linear, Non-Linear, Discrete, Networks, Assignment Problems, DOE, CONOPS
- Spreadsheet, Mathematical, Queuing, Computer Models, Combat Modeling
- Decision making
- Decision trees, Bayesian networks, Game Theory, War-gaming
- Search theory and detection
- Data analysis
Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility is required on first day of employment
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.