Alion Science and Technology is searching for a Senior Operations Research Analyst.
As a Subject Matter Expert in a space-related field, analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of complex military systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision-making. Utilizes complex modeling and simulation and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
- Provide integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, verification and validation, and documentation of modeling and simulation based decision support system applications.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines in determining solutions. Participates in testing and implementation and recommends solutions to problems identified.
- Much of this effort particularly consists of the use of the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) suite of tools, which is a mission level modeling environment.
- AFSIM is open government rights and distributable throughout DoD.
- AFSIM provides the environment to develop both constructive and virtual simulations.
- Part of this work includes development/incorporation of space capabilities into the AFSIM engine and collective through code, libraries, plugins, or script functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations research or a related field plus 10 or more years of related operations research experience.
- Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience in the following:
- Data analysis
- Presentation, Trends, Sensitivity Analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Probability Distributions, Confidence, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, regression
- Linear, Non-Linear, Discrete, Networks, Assignment Problems, DOE, CONOPS
- Spreadsheet, Mathematical, Queuing, Computer Models, Combat Modeling
- Decision making
- Decision trees, Bayesian networks, Game Theory, War-gaming
- Search theory and detection
- Data analysis
Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility is required on first day of employment
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible