Alion Science and Technology is looking for a cognitive software defined radio subject matter expert who has mid-level to expert level experience working with and programming SDR/Cognitive radios for RF digital signal processing, interference detection, interference signal characterization and classification.
- This individual will support cubesat-to-ESPA sized space vehicle radio design, test, and assessment. (Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle Satellite Payload Adapter)
- The individual will develop software that uses the radio to sense the internal and external environment or takes external information on the environment, and then reconfigures the radio to operate through adverse conditions.
- The software to be modified resides on both the SDR's Advanced Reduced Instruction Satellite Computer Machine (ARM) and the FPGA
- Develop software to sense the environment
- Develop software to respond to the environment
- Develop C++ code for ARMs. Develop VHDL for FPGAs ( Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Design Language)
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the RF communications threats, technology advancements, and the SDR industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Ability to apply technical expertise, and has knowledge of other related disciplines. Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Masters desired)
- Five years' experience with software defined radios desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR) and cognitive radios.
Experience with RF signal processing. Experience with optical and laser signal processing desired.
Proficient with C++.
Familiar with VHSIC Hardware Description Language (VHDL), GNU Radios, Xylinx SDRs, Matlab, and
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Top Secret clearance desired, Secret clearance may be considered.
No issues precluding eligibility for a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.