Alion Science and Technology is looking for a Satellite Cyber Systems Engineer, Assoc Principle to support cubesat-to-ESPA sized space vehicle design, test, and on-orbit support. (Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle Satellite Payload Adapter)
This individual will be responsible for designing in or ensuring that cyber defenses are built into the satellite systems, payloads, and communications systems. The individual will also be responsible for cyber vulnerability testing or ensuring that appropriate cyber vulnerability testing is accomplished.
- Provide leadership as a first level (team) manager in the design, testing and implementing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and databases.
- Maintain knowledge of latest threats.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and maintaining all documentation required in achieving Interim Approval to Test and Approval to Operate.
- Must be able to review program documentation such as, but not limited to Information Support Plans, Concepts of Operations, Initial Capabilities Documents, Program Protection Plans, and Capabilities Description Documents.
- Address a wide range of security issues including architectures.
- Document vulnerability-test planning, testing, and results.
- Design and execute of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
- Implement new security solutions, participate in the creation and/or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures, and conduct vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that account for technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- The candidate should have experience in the DoD Risk Management Framework and Air Force risk analysis, assessment and authorization processes.
- Bachelor's degree (Masters desired)
- 8-10 years engineering and/or cyber experience; 5 years' experience in designing satellite cyber protection capabilities or assessing space vehicle cyber vulnerabilities.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and immediate Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.