Alion Science and Technology is looking for an experienced SAN Engineer specializing in Cloud Storage Architectures. Will be responsible for engineering, architecting, and migration of Cloud-based applications and infrastructure. Candidate will develop strategic and implementation plans for information systems. Working with the development team and other engineers will conduct System Analysis of complex operational software systems to include troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long-term requirements.
Installs, supports, maintains and monitors IT Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure for reliability and uptime. Architects, designs, implements and maintains complex enterprise SANs and data backup recovery systems. In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams(systems engineering, database administration, network operations and applications development), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for customer data management, high transaction database processing and storage. Working with others, analyze and translate business requirements into a solution design for new installations or upgrades to existing platforms. Manages and provides operational support of data availability and retention systems such as server and SAN based backups and enterprise level backup solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 8+ years of SAN Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of cloud-based applications and capabilities.
- 3+ years experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Must have experience automating cloud configuration using tooling such as Terraform, AWS Config, Ansible, etc.
- Work autonomously actively identifying areas for improvement.
- Able to collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
- Broadly skilled; familiar with highly available mission critical systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Any of the following AWS Certifications are highly desired:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Designing, building, and managing infrastructure configured according to the DoD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) and DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (DoD CC SRG)
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.