Hunting Ingalls Industries is currently seeking candidates to support part-time Technical Advisors and Subject-Matter Expert roles with senior level experience in any combination of the following Capability Areas & Competencies:
- Acquisition & Tech-Transition
- Artificial Intelligence
- Airworthiness Processes & Policy
- Business Case Analysis
- Cyber Process
- Electronic Warfare
- EO/IR Systems
- Hypersonic Vehicles
- Information Warfare
- Intel & FME
- Life-Cycle Management
- Radar Systems
- System Safety
- Trust & Anti-Tamper
As a leader in Alion's Tech-Center (ATC) you will join our growing team of part-time Senior Experts that contribute & collaborate across the breadth of our activities. These activities may be scoped on based on each person's specific expertise areas, and the needs of both the candidate and the ongoing company initiatives. Example activities may range from supporting specific DoD customer programs using your related technical expertise, to developing mentorship & professional-development initiatives for our junior workforce and contributing to our ongoing strategic goals & technical strategy development.
Required General Skills:
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in related Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical Programmatic Teams, or Business Capability Areas
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or Business Administration
- Candidates will possess expert level knowledge & breadth of experience in a related field of practice, such as: complex or high-risk program development, acquisition, and sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Candidates will demonstrate qualities inherent in senior-leadership experience, such as ability to: analyze, plan, and adjust work operations to meet requirements and objectives within available resources; adapt standard techniques/processes to perform complex tasks; plan, organize, and mentor with junior managers & employees.
- Candidates may be required to obtain or maintain a minimum of a SECRET clearance and access commensurate to their involvement with the USG. Candidates will be subject to investigation as required by the NISPOM, ICD 704 processes, DoD Manual 5205.07, Volume 2, and any additional Government Policy or Directives as determined by the Cognizant Security Agency. Candidates may be subject to a polygraph and enhanced security review.
- Master's Degree is highly desired in a related engineering, mathematics, or management field.
Security Clearance: National Agency Check
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.