Alion has been providing modeling and simulation software to the Navy Service Program for over 20 years, and the exciting work we do for this customer keeps growing with new and continued demand for our state-of-the-art modeling and simulation software that allows Navy sailors to simulate actual warfare scenarios. The demands for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and sophisticated Cloud technologies requires that we rise to the challenge to meet the need for years to come. Come be part of this challenging, exciting software development opportunity! Read on for more details:
The Sr. Network Engineer is a member of the Navy Continuous Training Environment's (NCTE) Instrumentation, Communications and Electronic Warfare (ICE) Engineering Team and provides direct support to the ICE Engineering Lead. The ICE Engineering Division provides fully integrated enhancement and sustainment engineering support for the Navy's Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training ranges.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on a worldwide enterprise managed network. The engineer will support the development and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. The engineer will support the physical installations and network configurations at local and remote sites. Specific duties include support of engineering tasking for all sites and components of the Navy's LVC Training environment. Those engineering support requirements include system development and deployment, integration of system modifications, range modernization and new facility build-ups. This position will report to the west coast engineering lead.
He/she will support establishing and maintaining connectivity of an IP and MPLS network in support of events, new installations, and continuous operation of the network. This position functions as the subject matter expert on network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures due to equipment failures, cryptographic device modifications, or Keymat expiration and loading. The network engineer shall report and maintain documentation of the physical and logical network architecture, IP addressing, networking capabilities, and service level performance of the sites as well as documentation on proposed changes or modifications. The engineer shall implement, maintain, and enhance network health and status monitoring capabilities including site status, bandwidth utilization, physical and logical errors or alarms, logging, active performance monitoring, and VoIP and other data transport quality of service monitoring.
Additional duties include support for global network engineering tasks and projects; development of architectural and technical briefs on the design, capabilities, and functional operation of networking technologies and projects for peer-review with Network Engineering and other divisions; and development of network engineering equipment lists and Bill of Materials.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience in network design, development, operations and support. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
• Strong experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment including DISA WAN circuits, routing (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF), VLANs, and switch port configurations.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, netflow, logging, etc.
• Strong technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
• Strong knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, IGMP, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS.
• Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager.
• Experience with NSA Type 1 KG cryptographic devices and Keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-75
• Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
• Experience in network security, tools, and technologies including firewalls, VRFs, 802,1x, and port-security.
• Must be willing to work periodic shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend when necessary
• Possible travel CONUS and OCONUS (not to exceed 25%)
• Currently Hold and be able to maintain a US Secret clearance
• Strong knowledge of Agile Project Management processes, preferred
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
• Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Security + CE or able to obtain within 90 days of employment
- One or more of the following OS Certification, or able to obtain within 90 days of employment:
- Microsoft MTA, MCSA, or MCSE
- CompTIA Linux+, or Red Hat RHCT
Candidates with certifications from multiple categories highly preferred
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.