Alion Science & Technology is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to support a customer located at WPAFB.
• Responsible for installation, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining and supporting networks for multiple Special Programs.
• Develop network solutions that meet customer needs for projects with varying size and complexity.
• Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provide technical expertise to network and systems administrators.
• Analyzing and diagnosing computer and communications problems to determine causes and make recommendations as to necessary corrective actions.
• Perform installation of various network equipment/hardware, to wired, data systems, and VOIP.
• Develop architectural diagrams of systems using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
• Identify customer requirements and design enterprise systems.
• Design and configure systems to DoD security standards and communicate technical controls to customers and management.
• Interact with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
• Develop, document, execute, and integrate systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
• Integrate activities over the life cycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
• Develop feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making.
• Optimize network performance, where applicable.
• Well versed in network monitoring software.
• The ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Assist in mentoring and training junior technical personnel.
• Collaborate with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military.
• Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance, with enhanced security.
• Must have and maintain a DoD 8570 approved IAT II level certification.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience associated with providing support for network infrastructure operations, maintenance, sustainment, network project design and implementation.
• Cisco Switches/Routers, Firewalls and IPS hands, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), DNS, ACAS/Nessus, VMWare
• Experience with crypto logical devices like: KG250x, KG-175D/G.
• Some basic knowledge of programming languages like Python and experience with Linux operating systems would be a plus.
• Experience working with government and military defense.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.