Alion is looking for a Network and Computer Systems Administrator to join our national team for the recently awarded contract in China Lake, CA. Alion continues to be the Navy's choice for integrating, operating, and maintaining the Tactical Training Ranges, Navy Continuous Training Environment, and Tactical Combat Training System Increment II to realize a persistent world-wide Live, Virtual, Constructive training capability. . The Network and Computer Systems Administrator designs, installs, maintains and coordinates the use of network systems.
- Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks.
- Provides ongoing network support, addresses availability issues, overcomes performance problems and provides overall level 2 support.
- Manages network performance, diagnoses performance problems and undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets SLR requirements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
- Reports on overall network performance including frequent problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network availability, performance and problem resolution.
- Trains users, maintains, creates and deletes user accounts.
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms.
- Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards.
- Enforces network security procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree and 5-7 years relevant work experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience.
- Must have experience managing local area networks and networked workstations.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have active Secret clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.