The Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) Network Administrator is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on the Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). The candidate will support the operation and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. This position will be in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) and support the use of the network by customers executing modeling and simulation events, exercises, and war games as well as administrative use including evening and weekend support.
The candidate will support establishing and maintaining connectivity of an IP and MPLS network in support of events, new installations, and continuous operation of the network. The NOSC functions as the helpdesk for network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures due to equipment failures, cryptographic device modifications, or Keymat expiration and loading. The candidate shall report and maintain documentation of the physical and logical network architecture, IP addressing, networking capabilities, and service level performance of the sites as well as documentation on proposed changes or modifications. The candidate shall implement, maintain, and enhance network health and status monitoring capabilities including site status, bandwidth utilization, physical and logical errors or alarms, logging, active performance monitoring, and VoIP and other data transport quality of service monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience.
- Typically requires 10 plus years of related experience
- Security+ or equivalent certification required.
- CCNP Certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Top Secret security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment including DISA WAN circuits, routing (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF), VLANs, and switchport configurations.
- Strong experience in monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring ASA firewall access control lists.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, netflow, logging, etc.
- Strong technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, IGMP, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking fundamentals including OSI model, frame and packet structure, (OSI, frames, packets etc.).
- Experience with NSA Type 1 cryptographic devices and keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-75
- Experience in a network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution.
- Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Experience with network and performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, etc.).
- Experience in network security, tools, and technologies including firewalls, VRFs, 802,1x, and port-security.
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager.
- Must be willing to work periodic shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.