Mechanical Engineer - 34583
- Warner Robins, GA
Alion Science and Technology is seeking Mechanical Engineers to support high quality engineering, scientific, and technical support services under contract to current government customers located in Warner Robins, Ga.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
The tear down, analysis, design, prototype development and testing of aircraft parts and subsystems and the subsequent validation process.
Performing root-cause and tear-down analysis to identify technical needs that solve high profile maintenance issues for Air Force structures.
Determining and proposing life extension solutions to aging structures via repair, replace or engineering change options.
Developing finite element models used to evaluate aircraft structural parts.
Creating production level technical data packages
Under general supervision, performs moderately complex engineering work related to researching, designing, and developing machines, mechanical products, or tools, mechanical production equipment, or engines. The candidate may be required to prepare test plans and procedures.
The candidate will support senior technical personnel and project managers within own organization in various technical activities related to system and technical product development. The candidate receives general supervision from management as well as technical guidance and training from the more experienced technical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic engineering work in analysis, design, development, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of higher-level engineers in the development of mechanical products. Typically employs pre-established guidelines and instructions, and limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish task objectives.
- Provide some technical guidance and oversight to entry level technical staff and may act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a project.
- Have independent interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of more senior technical personnel.
- Provide input and support to intra-organizational proposal development efforts. May have some exposure to and provide some input to inter-organizational technical and business development activities.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems and applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Duties often include the collection of information and data, performance of various tests, and engineering computations, measurements, and analyses. Exhibits the ability to independently perform basic data verification, validation and troubleshooting.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree plus work experience 3 to 5 years ov relevant. Degree must be in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 5 years of applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrated Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques within a specific area of expertise.
Knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, Matlab AutoCad, and Solid Works or an equivalent 3D modeling program that includes Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and
Ansys are preferred.
A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
Back to top