Alion Science and Technology is actively recruiting for a Logistics / Field Service Technician to support test activities to include performing over-the road travel, routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair & operations of RF based hardware and a variety of electronic / computer based systems. In this role, you will work with a group of highly-skilled engineers and support personnel to safely transport, maintain and operate complex mobile units.
General Requirement include:
- Class A CDL driver (Certified Driver License)
- Responsible for driving semi-truck & trailer
- Responsible for driving pickup truck & trailer
- Support field test activities including equipment transit, setup, and operations support.
- Technical background in automotive/diesel technologies
- Basic truck repair, modification, maintenance
- Responsible for large generator and engine servicing
- Responsible for deployment of masts, antennas, etc.
- Responsible for trailer hookup, setup, teardown and medication(s)
- Responsible for spare part inventory and configuration management of all the systems
- Responsible for shipping, logging, and maintaining parts
- Responsible for HVAC Maintenance
- Deployment times will vary and typically last between two and three weeks
Desired Skill Sets:
- Understanding of radio frequencies and willingness to work around RF transmitters
- Understanding of fiber optic cable production and maintenance
- Ability to make and characterize RF cables
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.