Lead Avionics Engineer - 33518
- Enon, OH
The Alion Science and Technology team is seeking an experienced Lead Avionics Engineer to provide technical engineering and integration support for a large commercial aircraft modification program.
Duties and responsibilities include the following Systems Engineering functions:
- Develop, allocate and manage complex systems level requirements
- Plan, execute, and document component and subsystem-level testing under extreme operating environments
- Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures
- Perform subsystem/component integration
- Verify and validate airworthiness; provide data and analysis leading to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval by FAA
- Produce and/or review technical documents, test procedures, specifications and standards
A BS degree in Engineering is required (MS degree is highly desired), 8 years of DOD work experience with at least 8 in a technical or management field is highly desired.
Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Applicant must have experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products, and integrating complex aircraft avionics systems including navigation and communication systems
- Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems highly desired
- Candidate must be familiar with commercial and military airworthiness testing, analysis, and certification processes; experience working directly with FAA representatives is highly desired
- Candidate must have experience with MIL-STD-1553, and/or familiarity and experience with any of the following disciplines: aircraft power management, subsystems integration & interface management, EO/IR sensors, radar, data links, GPS navigation, and military communications
- Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military modifications for large commercial aircraft
- Candidate must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with internal/external customers
- Applicant must also possess demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work within and effectively lead a small team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess at least a SECRET Clearance, TOP SECRET Clearance preferred. Clearance must be active at time of hire
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top