The Alion Science and Technology team is seeking an experienced Lead Avionics Engineer to provide technical engineering and integration support for a large commercial aircraft modification program.
Duties and responsibilities include the following Systems Engineering functions:
- Develop, allocate and manage complex systems level requirements
- Plan, execute, and document component and subsystem-level testing under extreme operating environments
- Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures
- Perform subsystem/component integration
- Verify and validate airworthiness; provide data and analysis leading to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval by FAA
- Produce and/or review technical documents, test procedures, specifications and standards
A BS degree in Engineering is required (MS degree is highly desired), 8 years of DOD work experience with at least 8 in a technical or management field is highly desired.
Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Applicant must have experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products, and integrating complex aircraft avionics systems including navigation and communication systems
- Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems highly desired
- Candidate must be familiar with commercial and military airworthiness testing, analysis, and certification processes; experience working directly with FAA representatives is highly desired
- Candidate must have experience with MIL-STD-1553, and/or familiarity and experience with any of the following disciplines: aircraft power management, subsystems integration & interface management, EO/IR sensors, radar, data links, GPS navigation, and military communications
- Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military modifications for large commercial aircraft
- Candidate must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with internal/external customers
- Applicant must also possess demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work within and effectively lead a small team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess at least a SECRET Clearance, TOP SECRET Clearance preferred. Clearance must be active at time of hire
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.