Alion is seeking Sr. Hardware Engineer's with experience in Xilinx, Altera, Lattice or other devices. This individual will be responsible for the development of standalone and integrated FPGA systems. These systems use FPGAs to collect data from and control hardware. Candidates must have solid experience with FPGAs and embedded processors. The FPGAs external communications will be via PCI or PCI Express, Ethernet or high speed serial. It is desired that the candidate have experience working with FPGA's for data acquisition and digital signal processing. Experience with digital signal processing, software defined radios, DRFM technologies and RF receiver and transmitter designs are highly desired. Other unique engineering skillsets may be desirable for this and other potential positions.
Candidates must work well with mixed disciplined teams and must be able to lead projects when required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 10+ years' experience
- Ability to work with a team or alone as the projects dictate
- Good time management and leadership skills
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Implementation of control systems using FPGAs
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Software defined radio
- DRFM designs
- RF receiver and transmitter design (Communication and Radar systems)
- Electronic Warfare and Radar concepts
- FPGA data collection
- FPGA communication via Ethernet
- FPGA interface with PCI and PCI Express
- FPGA communication via high speed serial
- Experience with both VHDL and Verilog, ISE and Vivado
- PCB design and layouts
- Lab view/Lab windows experience
- Assembly language
- Java, Visual Basic, QT, Python
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.