Alion Science and Technology is seeking a flight test subject matter expert to serve as an engineering consultant, technical expert, and manager for an upcoming flight test program for a high-visibility US Air Force multi-engine aircraft currently in development. This person will apply flight test experience to optimize project and test plans, and then support on-site flight test operations at various test ranges and test locations. The candidate will take a lead role within a stakeholder working group and be responsible to write test plans, instrumentation and data collection plans, and airworthiness and safety analysis leading to approved ground and flight test operations. The candidate will contribute a working knowledge of military test ranges and flight test processes.
The candidate will work autonomously with our Air Force customer and end-users, which requires professionalism and strong communication skills. The successful candidate must have at minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical, engineering, or science curriculum, and have at least ten years of experience in DoD and/or commercial flight testing and test-related management roles. The candidate also requires direct experience with analysis methods (e.g., design of experiments) to derive maximum benefit from a limited sample of test points. Test Pilot School and/or DoD Level 3 certification in Test & Evaluation are definite advantages. Minimum SECRET clearance is required.
- BS degree in relevant engineering or science curriculum
- 10+ years T&E experience in military and/or commercial aviation
- Formal flight test training in military and/or commercial aircraft
- Experience planning military and/or commercial flight test operations
- Familiarity with analytical methods (e.g., design of experiments) to derive test points within limited budget/resources
- Working familiarity with flight test instrumentation, telemetry, data management/analysis, and reporting
- SECRET clearance
- Master of Science in Aeronautical Engineering or relevant curriculum
- USAF or USN Test Pilot School graduate as pilot or engineer
- DAWIA Test & Evaluation Level 3 certification
- Top secret clearance
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.