The F-35 Program Manager assists with the execution of strategic initiatives and provides high-level guidance on the program.
• Conducts analysis and provide recommendation to the PEO, the Service Lead and the Assistant Program Director (APD) on a wide range of topics and supports leadership in prioritization of focus areas
• Provides coordination of efforts, enabling the most effective performance of the assigned Service Lead program duties
• Ensures all forms of information and communication are completely prepared and presented to enable the Service Lead program strategy formulation, analysis and decision making, often within significant time constraints
• Ensures that decisions are communicated appropriately both internal and external to the JPO, providing follow up to assure that intended messages and actions are understood and executed as warranted
Education and Experience
•Typically requires a Bachelors degree
• Leadership experience in US Service-related military operations or defense acquisition program management related to weapons system acquisition, employment and life cycle management
• Familiarity with DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), DoD Directive (DODD) 5530.03 (International Agreements), and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L) Handbook
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of system acquisition to plan, organize, and coordinate critical aspects of the development, production, and deployment of systems, subsystems, and equipment
• Demonstrated knowledge of the system equipment life-cycle phases and the documentation, analyses, and reviews associated with those phases
• Requires active Secret clearance to start.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.