The F-35 Process Improvement Analyst provides support in the development and implementation of process improvement initiative and in problem solving using CPI toolsets
• Performs critical program management, technical, or business analysis of major DoD acquisition systems and provides recommendations for the JPO Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) core team
• Provides program analysis support for efficiency and effectiveness within the organization, assisting and identifying causes of systemic inefficiencies and isolating them through the use of CPI methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints
• Develops and delivers training material for lean methodology and tools used at the JPO
• Mentoring CPI/QMS practitioners for process documentation, standardization, and continuous improvement plans
Education and Experience
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree
• Experience in program management, technical, or business analysis discipline, related to weapon systems acquisition and life cycle management; and a minimum of six (6) years out of 10 years of recent work experience related to analysis and planning
• Possesses expertise in process improvement methodology at Black Belt (BB) level or equivalent within the past ten (10) years and experience in DoD applications such as at NAVAIR AIRSpeed Offices or equivalent. A minimum of three (3) out of the past five years must be practical and implementation experience. Mastery of process improvement techniques to include but not limited to: Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, benchmarking, metric/statistical analysis, process management and improvement, and process flow charting. Certified as a CPI practitioner at the journeyman level
• Knowledgeable with DoD Directive (DODD) 5010.42, DoD-Wide Continuous Process Improvement/Lean Six Sigma Program, and SAE AS9100D Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations
• Possesses a high degree of self-initiative, and the ability to work independently and function as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and effectively present informational briefs, project papers, marketing materials and training to diverse audiences
• General knowledge of Navy/Air Force processes/organization
• Active Top Secret clearance
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.