The Senior F-35 Export Compliance Specialist will work in a dynamic, highly visible position as part of the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO).
- Required to ship and track finished goods to international destinations on behalf of various customers working with different product types.
- Complete all documentation related to export and import and specific to the exit/destination country.
- Requires analytical skills to determine how best to improve productivity and quality, whilst reducing costs and meeting company sales targets.
- Collate figures and statistics, providing reports for management.
- Manage any disputes that may arise in the event of delivery problems.
- Collect and analyze data on both existing and new customers and their businesses (products, applications, logistics, future prospects, end users of the customer's products by type and location, compliance program, etc.) and make periodic presentations to senior management.
- In addition, support sales and R&D teams in screening customers and/or business partners for compliance with export control programs.
- Develop and execute export compliance trainings, developing and enforcing compliance processes and procedures.
- Coordinate shipments within the Corporate Logistics and Compliance Department.
- Address daily information requests from Customs Brokers for import clearance of products and assist in the preparation of responses to formal inquiries by local and foreign government agencies.
- Maintain and assist with implementation of company export and import compliance procedures and work instructions by supporting internal, external, and government-directed export and import compliance audits and assessments.
- Administer import/export recordkeeping requirements with local and overseas offices and ensure global consistency and standardization of information, process, and reporting on new projects and support Special Projects/Trade Compliance Initiatives as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering, International Affairs/Policy or related discipline and 10 years of relevant program management, technical or business analysis discipline experience
- Included in the ten (10) years, there must be at least six (6) years' of professional experience in technical efforts supporting major weapon systems and components development
- A minimum of four (4) years' experience directly working with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and international license agreements
- Must have active Secret /SAR clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD policy and documentation related to PPBS, life-cycle management of military acquisition programs (as specified in theDoD 5000 series).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in DoD program acquisition for domestic and/orinternational military aircraft programs
- Knowledge of the FAR
- Experience working with U.S.EXPORTS
- Experience working with foreign nationals
Security Clearance: Sensitive Compartmented Info
Telework - Limited
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.