With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executives.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides civilian and military personnel human resource technical guidance, expertise, and management analysis to compare, formulate, and recommend to unit leadership courses of action, methods to meet mission needs, resource adjustments, improvements of efficiency, and maximization of unit resources
- Prepares and processes administrative support actions relating to unit programs. Acts as the unit manager for the Drug Demand Reduction Program, Records Management Program, leave and others as needed. Provides oversight for unit commander programs, ensuring unit programs comply with regulations, laws, policies, and unit commander directives.
- Monitor personnel action requests, track personnel, manpower, and training transactions as documentation flows through the unit and provide status reports to management.
- Maintains suspense system for personnel actions and correspondence. Maintains and updates duty status changes. Prepares and processes paperwork for administrative actions.
- Updates military personnel data system (MilPDS) records and computerized personnel data, to include preparing and processing correspondence, forms, and MilPDS transactions.
- Processes documents required to support service awards, decorations, and evaluations. Maintains files of correspondence, directives, instructions, and other publications. Creates, maintains, and audits personnel records and action requests. Assists with the preparation, maintenance, and deposition of required administrative reports and other correspondence.
- Provides oversight for MOA/MOU Programs, Service-Level Agreements, and Host-Tenant Support Agreements
- Develop, analyze, and coordinate programming and planning documents
- Assist in production of reports/briefing as required by leadership
- Assist in ensuring military programs, i.e., promotions, awards and decorations, and Professional Military Education (PME) selections, are scheduled/coordinated and meet appropriate timelines for notification and submission
- Facilitates meetings for the unit staff to include planning meetings, providing agendas and collaborating with members, recording minutes, and submitting/maintaining documentation from the meeting(s)
Security Clearance: Top Secret w/ current SCI – Willing to comply with SAP Requirements
Education/Certifications: Associate's degree in a related business discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work experience
Relevant Experience: 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience; comparable to work performed as a mid to senior level Administrative Assistant; 3-5 years supporting DoD/AF organizations
Key Requirements: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and other current computer applications, internal transactional applications, and the Internet
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.