Alion is looking for an Engineering Technician 5 to join the team in China Lake, CA and contribute to "Many Moves Ahead". This is an SCA position. The Engineering Technician performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the testing, analysis and evaluation of materials and processes.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes. Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data. Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- Assembles electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and records results.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma plus additional specialized training with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the organization's databases and the types of information stored in each file.
- Must have active Secret clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.