Alion is looking for an Electronics Technician to join the team in China Lake, CA and contribute to "Many Moves Ahead". This is an SCA position. The Electronics Technician performs technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities.
- Set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, proto-type models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems.
- Conducts engineering/ development tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in general research work.
- Diagnoses and corrects electronic circuitry malfunctions.
- Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
- Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
- May prepare instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams. Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4-6 years of relevant work experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for comparable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- Excellent mathematical ability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have active Secret security clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.