Alion Science and Technology is seeking an Electronics Technician with expertise in to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair & operations of RF based hardware and a variety of electronic/computer based systems. This individual would be responsible for working with a small team in support of a variety of test and evaluation scenarios both in the lab and the field. Candidates will possess a solid knowledge of the basic principles of electronics, computers & embedded systems.
- Support field test activities including equipment transit, setup, and operations support.
- Aid Engineers in assembly and test of Digital and RF hardware for Radar, Seeker, and Electronic Warfare systems and subsystems.
- Aid Engineers in parts selection, quotes, and purchase requests.
- Willingness to travel for extended durations several times a year to support field testing (up to two weeks duration).
- Solid understanding of basic electronic design.
- Ability to solder simple board level circuits.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision and ability to work in small teams.
- Experience working with schematics, mechanical drawings and data sheets.
- Experienced in laboratory and field test environment.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant degree or certification (education may be traded for experience)
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Secret Clearance Required.
- Electronic systems test and evaluation experience.
- Have an ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed written and verbal instructions, assembly instructions, test procedures, schematics and other engineering documentation.
- Ability to use multi-meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, o-scopes, logic analyzers to test and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
- Formal soldering and electronics fabrication certificates such as J-STD-001 and NASA-STD.
- RF/Radar/EW background
- Experience manufacturing cable harnesses and building RF Coaxial cables.
- Experience reworking electronic boards and components. This includes but isn't limited to experience cutting and rerouting traces, removing and replacing ICs and the removing of conformal coatings.
- Fabricate electronics boxes, and integrate to larger assemblies. Install instrumentation into support equipment and flight vehicles.
- Must be willing to take on additional roles and responsibilities as the work dictates.
- Experience with electronic schematic and simulation programs.
- Basic experience with fabrication shop equipment, such as drills and traditional hand tools.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.