Alion is looking for an Electronics Engineer (Threat Radar SME) to join our national team for the recently awarded contract in China Lake, CA. Alion continues to be the Navy's choice for integrating, operating, and maintaining the Tactical Training Ranges, Navy Continuous Training Environment, and Tactical Combat Training System Increment II to realize a persistent world-wide Live, Virtual, Constructive training capability. The Electronics Engineer designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through the life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree and 16 years of relevant work experience. In some cases, educational resquirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience.
- Must have 10 years experience developing defense-related systems.
- Must be capable of leading a technical team.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Active Secret clearance required.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.