Alion is seeking an Electrical or Computer Engineer with experience in Signal Processing. It is desirable that this Signal Processing experience be related to RF, radar or communications systems. This individual will work with a small team of engineers and technicians carrying out the development and build of signal processing tools to assess the performance of Electronic Warfare (EW) systems on behalf of the Air Force. The applicant will participate in field tests with the equipment; designing, coordinating and carrying out experiments. The applicant will then process, evaluate and report on the results. The applicant must have experience developing algorithms in MATLAB. High-level programming skills, preferably in C++ or Python are also desired.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years' experience in related field
- Strong RF, Radar or EW background
- 2 to 3 years leadership experience managing key projects to develop and implement signal processing techniques
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications necessary to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience in algorithm development with MATLAB
- Some practical experience with signal processing including techniques for signal detection, estimation and tracking
- Experience in a high-level programming language
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the time
- Strong Signal Processing or RF Signals Analysis background
- Testing and Evaluation experience
- Python or C++ programming skills
- Eligible to work in U.S.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.