Alion Science and Technology, Inc. is seeking an energetic and motivated mid-level engineer to lead a small group of support engineers for Research and Development Test and Evaluation efforts.
In this role, you will translate customer requirements and experimental concepts into executable hardware and firmware solutions. You will develop test infrastructure including signal generation capability (standard laboratory and special purpose) and instrumentation (high speed data recorders, video recorders, etc). You will provide expertise and guidance on system design, development, on-site and off-site demonstration, system maintenance, and system repair. Your tasks will also include test planning and equipment development to meet customer's goals and capability requirements - RF design; waveform programming; FPGA programming; checkout of signal generation, instrumentation, and data collection equipment; operation of the equipment during testing; and post test data analysis.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who:
- Has working knowledge of electronic warfare, radar, and the test and evaluation communities
- Has practical experience with signal processing and RF signals analysis – XMidas experience is a plus
- Has demonstrated the ability to plan, conduct, and lead laboratory projects
- Can lead development efforts and direct the technical tasks of other engineers
- Uses innovation and out-of-the box thinking to generate solutions to complex problems
- Is flexible and understands shifting customer priorities
- Has excellent communication and organization skills; creates and maintains process and equipment documentation
- Can translate technical reports and engineering studies to multiple audiences, including non-engineers or non-technical persons
- Can build, program, modify, and operate RF equipment
- Can work cooperatively with other organizations, groups, and team members
- Has experience in operation of test equipment (signal generators, spectrum analyzers, o-scopes, function generators), test data analysis, development of MATLAB and C/C++ code, software development in a Linux operating environment, and/or RF design
- Is willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Is available to work in-person and on-site at least 80% of the time starting on day one
- At least 6 years of experience as an engineer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- At least 2 years of experience as a team lead, technical lead, or lead engineer
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- U.S. Citizenship
- Current Secret Security Clearance (Top Secret preferred)
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.