Alion is seeking a Junior Engineer with solid knowledge of the basic principles of electrical engineering, computer engineering, or embedded systems. This position may also require an interest in the modeling, simulation, and/or analysis of electronic warfare systems, radars (ground-based or airborne), missile & aircraft systems, or RF/EO/IR sensors. Candidates should be familiar with basic radar theory and be able to analyze performance and develop subsystem-level models and characterizations of radar components such as antennas, transmitters, receivers, signal processors, trackers, and mode control computers. Candidates will use good people skills and strong technical interests/capabilities to work with a highly technical team of engineers and scientists solving challenging technical questions about highly complex RF systems.
Applicants should have:
- Experience with assembling and disassembling hardware systems, equipment, and associated components
- Knowledge of the basic principles of electrical engineering, computer engineering, or embedded systems
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
It is desired that applicants may have:
- Experience with data collection, signal processing, and circuit design
- Experience with lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, power supplies, and soldiering
- Experience with troubleshooting circuits and analyzing schematics
- Experience with mechanical work, including electrical boards
- Experience with software defined radio, micro controllers, and interfacing
- Knowledge of computer programming, design software, and system design
- Ability to learn client-specific material quickly and present a professional demeanor in a client-facing role
- Ability to create and lead technical presentations for management and decision makers
Security Clearance: Secret
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.