The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for the performance of relatively small technical projects or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. May assist in the management of a business unit or is under the close supervision of the Division or Program Director. Manages one or more programs.
This position is full-time in Ridgecrest, CA in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center-Weapons Division, China Lake, CA.
- Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities.
- Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives.
- Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Prepares and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and other technical documentation.
- Able to supervise, manage, support and evaluate personnel.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and qualifications
A Bachelors degree in technical or related field with a minimum of 12 years experience managing programs related to the upgrade and integration of range instrumentation associated with Tactical Training or Simulated Combat Environment or Threat Emitter/Electronic Warfare Systems. At least 5 years of experience must have been managing multiple projects, contracts or task orders of a technical nature, where work was physically performed in at least two locations.
A Master's degree in a technical or related field may be substituted for a Bachelors degree providing the candidate possesses 10 years relevant technical or management experience, but at least 5 years experience managing multiple projects, contracts or task orders of a technical nature where work was performed in at least two locations.
Relevant areas of technical expertise and technical natured projects, contracts, or task orders include, but are not limited to, weapons/weapons integration, systems engineering, technical analysis, software design, development and test, logistics, configuration and/or data management, integration and test (weapons, avionics, sensors, and associated subsystems), foreign military sales, and (aircraft ground test, laboratory test, flight test) in support of instrumentation maintenance.
Active Secret clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.