Alion is looking for a Database Administrator to join the team in China Lake, CA and contribute to "Many Moves Ahead". This is an SCA position.
- Implements and optimizes the computerized database systems that support the Company's or client's ability to function on a daily basis. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls.
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
- Administers a variety of database systems ,such as Microsoft SQL Server, and other Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Develops and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL commands.
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Assists Database Designers/Information System Analysts in the development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases and database systems.
- Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by staff; creates and maintains high-level reporting systems using products such as Crystal Reports; researches and implements new database and online technology.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus at least 8-10 years of directly related experience working with databases. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 15 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- Ability to tailor a system to meet specific organizational needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a deep understanding of relational principles, general DBA techniques and practices, as well as the ability to understand very complicated relationships dictated by the data schema.
- Experience or knowledge is required in the following technologies: SQL Server - Transact SQL (authoring procs, type of parameters, use of functions, error handling, transaction statement, table variables and SQL - DB Design, identity columns, relationships, indexes, triggers and constraints.
- Must have active Secret security clearance.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.