- Implement and optimize the computerized database systems that support a USAF aircraft system program office's ability to function on a daily basis.
- Implement and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Review database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Implements policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Administer a variety of database systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server, and other Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Develop and enforce database administration and user standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL commands.
- Oversee the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Assist Database Designers/Information System Analysts in the development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases and database systems.
- Review technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by staff; creates and maintains high-level reporting systems using products such as Crystal Reports; researches and implements new database and online technology.
- Maintain and data integrity for unique Air Force databases and assists in development of graphic user interface protocols.
- Responsible for data quires to meet customer analytical needs.
High School Diploma plus 6 to 8 years experience or BS plus 0 to 2 years experience.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.