Enlighten, an Alion Company is looking for a Data Scientist/Engineer to join our team. The Data Scientist/Engineer will establish and implement end-to-end proof of concepts for leading edge analytic and data mining systems. This work may include modifying data during the ETL process, exploring new datasets to understand the data and derive value, and generating analytics with complementary dashboards and visualizations. They will be responsible for the creation of innovative methodologies for extracting key parameters from big data coming from various sensors.
- A current U.S. Government clearance is not required on the first day but will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can also hold a Secret or Top Secret level clearance as well.
Candidates must have most of the following required skills:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or equivalent fields
- Must have 5+ years of Data Scientist or equivalent experience working with data (Software Engineering, Database Design, etc.)
- Must have a software development background in order to prototype custom analytics/tooling
- Practical experience with data analysis and exploration, especially with diverse data sets
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Architect and work closely with other team members to develop scalable cloud-based data analytic solutions
- Familiar with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualization tools (e.g. Hadoop, ELK, Kafka, Accumulo, graph databases, etc.).
- Capable of applying the latest technologies and methodologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate disparate datasets and events, and derive value.
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with DoD data types and current DoD Data Strategies
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Limited
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.