Alion is looking for a Computer Systems Analyst to join the team in China Lake, CA and contribute to "Many Moves Ahead". This is an SCA position. The Computer Systems Analyst provides technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing based systems.
- Makes recommendations on custom applications.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes.
- Investigates and resolves application functionality related issues and provides first level support and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates application development for multiple projects.
- Assists network administrator with application installation and testing.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and identifies modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyzes data contained in the organization's database and identifies data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implements solutions.
- Provides assistance and advice to users/clients in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
- Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guides, etc.
- Produces technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Verifies database and data integrity.
- Participates on IT project steering committees and involved in the design phase of new IT software development projects.
- Assists in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for new development projects.
- May serve as a liaison and facilitator between business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus at least 8 years of directly related experience . In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 15 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
- Strong knowledge of one or more specific technologies may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires an active Secret security clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.