Alion Science and Technology is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer specializing in AWS. Will be responsible for engineering, architecting, and migration of Cloud-based applications and infrastructure. Candidate will develop strategic and implementation plans for information systems. Working with the development team and other engineers will conduct System Analysis of complex operational software systems to include troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long-term requirements.
Responsible for deploying overseeing cloud computing strategy. Includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Oversee application architecture and deployment in cloud environments. Responsible for setting up all of the components required for successful cloud computing. In charge of creating cloud networks by connecting remotely located servers. Involves setting up front- and back-end platforms and developing an operational cloud based delivery system. Setting up cloud storage and computing systems from scratch, making sure these systems abide by various compliance and security policies, managing systems, and making updates as necessary. Lead and execute with a cloud first mind set helping customers realize benefits of an Oracle cloud based architecture. Contribute to and drive large Oracle X-LOB deals including Oracle IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services. Work in collaboration with local account team (X-stack --infrastructure, technology and applications), Global Client Advisors, and Key Account Directors. Lead all consultative selling enabling services including domain architects, sales consulting, Business Analyst, etc. Interact with all roles at customer -- including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives. Articulate case for change. Lead detailed discovery analysis. Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops. Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- A current TS/SCI level security clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Systems Administration or DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Python or Java preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly desired to have experience with Cloud related technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Highly desired to have prior experience with Distributed Computing and Big Data.
- Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Forcepoint / Sureview/ Innerview/ Securonix is a huge plus.
- Certifications to meet the DOD 8570 IAT certifications (i.e. Security+ or higher level).
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Telework - Not Eligible