Alion seeks a Chief Test Engineer to serve as the senior testing engineer for all technical aspects of new and legacy systems. The position requires the development of innovative solutions and emerging technologies to address test and evaluation (T&E) across all DoD Lines of Operation. Requirements range across major geographic locations requiring coordination of technology and/or production across multiple domestic and/or worldwide locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops highly complex engineering standards and tests to evaluate the function of products and systems.
- Develops and implements procedures for product testing, reviews and evaluates test results, and recommends production or design changes to ensure quality and performance standards. Expected to spearhead the testing of innovative solutions going beyond the existing boundaries of current DoD technology.
- Provides technical expertise and direction to support testing of innovative material solutions and technologies, integrated with the non-material strategies, and techniques that support them.
- Defines documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets highly complex developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
- Develops testing procedures for parts or subassemblies received from outside vendors.
- Leads the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
- Provides advisory and consulting expertise to technical projects under development, acting as an authority in the appropriate scientific field.
- Applies advanced knowledge in the test engineering field to perform highly complex analysis and troubleshooting.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced test concepts, principles, and processes.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art developments in the field and conducts briefings to communicate information relevant to the contract.
- May author white papers, journal articles, texts and other publications.
- Leads technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with customers.
- Prepares written status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contact reports, technical documentation, and other outputs, as needed.
- Interacts with sponsors, government officials and recognized experts in the engineering field.
- Provides leadership in professional societies and may represent the company at conferences and technical forums.
- Develops and maintains frequent contacts with customers including those at levels above the project monitor.
- Prepares and provides formal briefings to staff and customers and participates in technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the customer.
- Advises and counsels staff regarding customer engineering services provided; provides guidance to less experienced Test Engineers; performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience (Mandatory)
- Bachelor's (B.S. or B.A) degree in engineering, or related field with at least 10 years relevant experience.
- Five years of experience in a supervisory or management role related to test and evaluation in mechanical, electromechanical, or electrical/electronic systems in a DoD environment.
- Cleared for TS Information and eligible for access to SCI by the Central Clearance Facility (CCF) based on a single scope background investigation with SAP eligibility.
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- 10 to 12 years of directly related experience working in DoD laboratory.
- Demonstrated experience developing, editing, evaluating, and managing production of technical documentation, program material, and doctrine.
- Ten years of experience in test and evaluation, study and analysis, and experimentation design with mechanical, electromechanical, or electrical/ electronic systems in a DoD environment.
- Project management experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in test engineering.
- Must be able to travel across the CONUS OCONUS meetings approximately 30% of calendar year.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.