Under general supervision, prepares moderately complex sketches, drawings and models on design projects. Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience. May plan, conduct and direct smaller projects working with or taking direction from the technical staff.
- Designs and executes layouts of highly complex products and equipment of an electrical or mechanical nature.
- Complexity of assignments requires the exercise of considerable initiative, latitude, independent judgment and the ability to design independently with only general technical direction.
- Performs original design work after receiving the design goal or problem, general method of processing and engineering advice on related theoretical aspects to be taken into account in the design.
- Design work requires individual creativity, application of highly advanced drafting techniques and thorough knowledge of practical fabrication techniques. Must be able to read 2D drawings and create 3D models using SolidWorks.
- Design work requires individual creativity, application of highly advanced drafting techniques and thorough knowledge of practical fabrication techniques. Possesses a working knowledge of related Mil Standards, ANSI and ASME requirements.
Associate's degree, or technical training in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience and at least 2 years related experience.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for comparable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.