Through the execution of this TO, the Government is seeking to research, analyze, assess, and develop new airdrop technologies as well as identify technical approaches and opportunities for technology transfer and integration with existing airdrop systems. Cargo and personnel airdrop technologies should focus on precision and conventional aerial delivery for all weights and off-set distances, including higher altitudes, high glide, and extended off-set powered systems. Technologies should also include affordable high altitude precision delivery systems, communications technologies, mobile computing technologies, and low cost Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) systems to include sensors, avionics, and software. In addition, technologies are required for compatible mission planning systems at various levels of integration with delivery platforms and aircraft to support all types of airdrops from all types of aircraft, manned and unmanned (e.g., Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPADS), Low Cost Aerial Delivery System (LCADS), Advanced Cargo Parachute Release System (ACPRS), High Altitude Low Opening Cargo Delivery, G-11, G-12, G-15, G-16, Dual Row Airdrop System (DRAS), T-11, T-11R, RA-1, Automatic Activation Device, Static Line Retrieval Device, and complimentary weather sensors and forecasting technologies for integration and use with mission planning and precision aerial delivery systems.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Design interface and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participate in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generate system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Review test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements. Is a recognized authority in the field. Works toward long-range goals.
Bachelors Degree plus 12 years of experience
Must has active Secret Clearance
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible