Role & Responsibilities
COUNSEL, INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and to enable them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
Based in San Francisco, your role as a member of the Airbnb legal team will involve working closely with business partners across the country, and globally where necessary, to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro-activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team. This role reports to Senior Counsel, Insurance Solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to do the following with a focus on the United States region:
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and partners to research and provide guidance on insurance regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the drafting and negotiating of Airbnb’s corporate and community facing insurance policies and renewals, including developing and launching new insurance products as the opportunity and need arises.
- Acting as the first legal point of contact for reviewing, drafting, and advising on all content related to the corporate and community facing insurance programs, including program summaries, communications, and internal policies and workflows.
- Managing compliance initiatives related to Airbnb’s customer facing insurance programs.
- Providing legal support for claims administration and issue escalations.
- Stay up-to-date and help keep the team advised on laws and regulations dealing with insurance, advertising, and consumer protection in order to better support the business.
- Drafting initial responses to inquiries related to Airbnb’s insurance programs.
- Be a team player, helping with agreements across a wide variety of subject matter areas.
- Be comfortable with scaling insurance programs globally through collaboration with local legal and business partners in the Rest of the World.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including insurance form drafting, complex coverage, and/or insurance litigation
- In-house and/or technology sector experience preferred
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously while prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualified lawyer with Bar admission in the United States and eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel in California, if applicable.
Back to top