Who Are We
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our engineering team you will use various cutting-edge technologies to design and develop applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger.
The 84.51° Way
We excel at challenging convention and pushing beyond the limits of what’s comfortable with our fearless hearts and limitless minds. Our goal is a relentless customer-first commitment. We analyze. We challenge. We connect. We are innovators. And what we are achieving is revolutionizing the retail industry. By transforming data into knowledge, we provide our partners a deeper understanding about their customers—who they are and what they are about.
At 84.51°, we embrace change and buy into the idea that life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. For us, this means challenging the status quo and always striving to learn and do more. We battle complacency and challenge our partners to view decisions as opportunities to create loyal, satisfied customers.
Most importantly, we are dedicated to always doing the right thing while not compromising our values. That’s why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected and contrary thinking is encouraged.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be responsible for work with and leading a technical team in reaching new heights in technology, providing a bridge among technology and product management. You will be responsible for advanced software system architectures and providing technical leadership and guidance of those solutions. You will be defining technical solutions and back-end designs with an understanding of the business requirements and technical vision, partnering with developers and the delivery team to realize the business values.
- Architect custom large-scale solutions dealing large volumes of data for analytical use
- Lead and contribute in coordinated efforts of technology and product management to push the business forward with innovative technology solutions
- Drive and guide technical implementation and make technical approach decision throughout the software life cycle
- Collaborate with technical engineering leadership and management in determining technology solutions and strategies
- Lead and contribute in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs future state from a technical viewpoint.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentoring of software engineers
- Apply Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Author technical solution documents
- Provide multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Create, evaluate and implement plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality
- Perform work of high complexity and derives logical processes based on technical platforms
- Engages in performance/integration testing, problem analysis, business and technical analysis
What Are We Looking For
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. The selected candidate will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance need for speed with architectural principles and technical vision
- Possess a passion for digital products and services
- Self-motivated, with a desire to take initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills – able to adjust approach to effectively interact at all organizational and technical levels
- React open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas
- Technical leader who communicates clearly with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong team player – collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills – communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / date to make decisions, anticipate obstacles, and develop plans to resolve, create actionable strategies and operational plans
- Strong understanding of various architectural and design concepts and patterns (Evolutionary Architecture, Microservices, Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design, etc.)
- Understand technical and business discussions relative to future architectural direction aligning to business and technology goals
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to iterative product development and program management
- Experience with CI/CD
Technologies We Use
- Maven, Gulp, Yarn, NPM
- Java, Scala, Python, Node, JS
- Angular 4
- RabbitMQ, Spring Boot
- Hadoop, Oracle, Mongo
- Team City
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- And many more
Are You Qualified
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Solid career progression through technical ranks demonstrating a strong knowledge and skill set from hands-on software coding to architecture of custom software solutions.
- Successful track record in forming partnerships with teams in the business organization such as product management, software engineering, etc.
Back to top