4ocean is a purpose driven business on a mission to end the ocean plastic crisis, and we are looking for our very first Vice President of Growth Marketing.
About This Position
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Growth Marketing can work remotely so long as they live in or near a metropolitan city with airport access to our cool new headquarters in Boca Raton, FL. This role will be very hands on with a small team to start (three direct reports) with the potential to grow the team to match the ambition of the business.
You will get the opportunity to utilize your business acumen and creativity in new ways to find more 4ocean brand loyalists, engage them and convert them into life-long customers. With overall responsibility for the strategy, performance and alignment of revenue operations across 4ocean, you will optimize existing revenue and customer retention models as well as create new revenue streams with the primary focus being new customer acquisition, and growth marketing across a variety of different on and offline channels.
As the leader of Growth Marketing at 4ocean, you will work closely with the Global Head of Brand Marketing with regards to our affiliate marketing, brand ambassador program and organic social. You will also work closely with the Director of Sales when it comes to increasing our wholesale channel revenue.
You will create strategies to drive the Growth Marketing team to work cohesively, optimizing each channel to maximize revenue. This is a highly visible position with direct exposure to and collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team.
Other fun stuff you'll get to do:
Growth Marketing Planning, Tracking & Integration
• Develop a deep understanding of the customer journey while connecting insights directly to the business opportunity to drive business planning in partnership with the executive team.
• Define and drive the 3 to 5-year Growth Marketing strategic plan focused on customer retention, customer acquisition and digital growth marketing strategies to grow the business.
• Articulate and manage success factors and key performance indicators when it comes to customer acquisition, growth marketing, and customer retention proactively identifying and recommending improvements.
• Track the efficacy of go-to-market initiatives and help implement the appropriate reporting and metrics to ensure desired results are being achieved.
Digital, E-commerce, and Paid Media Leadership
• Own the global E-commerce P&L (US being the primary focus followed by key international markets for expansion).
• Utilize your extensive experience across all revenue streams.
• Enable a best-in-class E-commerce sales forecast and performance reporting cadence for the 4ocean D2C and Subscription line of business.
• Hire, develop and retain world class digital marketing, E-commerce, and customer acquisition & retention talent
• Assess opportunities and implement new or refined processes to create a digital practice of performance & operational optimization, data integrity, and analytical rigor to drive sound decisions and solutions with a high sense of urgency.
• Establish proven practices, frameworks, and programs for customer acquisition and retention (i.e. CRM, Loyalty).
You will bring with you a proven background in leading a high growth E-commerce business including P&L management, performance marketing, and customer acquisition and retention for sustained growth of a similar lifestyle, start-up brand. You naturally thrive in a scrappy, entrepreneurial, "roll up your sleeves and dive in" type of start-up environment.
As the new VP of Growth Marketing, you will focus on driving customer centricity into all aspects of the customer journey. This will require you to be a well-rounded and agile digital leader with a highly analytical and technical skillset. You also have a strong concentration in attracting and retaining new and existing customers.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
The hard skills:
- Managed an E-commerce P&L of a high-growth, consumer product business
- At least 15 years of relevant experience with an exceptional understanding of all aspects of leading digital marketing and analytics with a proven track record successfully managing a multi-million-dollar acquisition budget and taking a company through an intensive growth period for an eComm business (ideally a subscription business).
- Expert level experience working across a variety of performance marketing tools, such as connected TV & media buying with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth across paid search, paid social, affiliate, and TV/video
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics and other web metric systems
- Advanced working knowledge of the entire Google Advertising Suite (Google Adwords certification, Google Analytics, Google Display Network, Youtube)
- Advanced level MS office skills (specifically Excel & PowerPoint)
- Paid Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) - Blueprint Certification, Twitter Flight School
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field of study
The soft skills:
- Proven ability to work in a scrappy world of start-up challenges
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Must excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balancing long term business goals with short term needs
- Strive for excellence in performance for self and others.
- Strong agency and vendor negotiation and management skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills with a natural tendency in successful cross functional collaboration.
- Initiative to direct team to own their work streams and deliver projects to completion.
- Action-Oriented: a self-starter who takes pleasure in making progress and getting stuff done.
- Fast paced, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Proactive problem solver: able to digest complex problems, make recommendations and develop practical solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world's oceans
Bonus points if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Worked and led in a global functional role
- MBA preferred
It is also super important that all 4ocean crew members naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Think big, act quickly
- Nudge don't judge
- We're in this together
- Act like an owner
- Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than four years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull nearly 10 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through technology, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. Our operations employ hundreds of people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.