Social Media Director
- Boca Raton, FL
4ocean is on a mission to save the world's oceans, and we are looking for a Social Media Director to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
We are looking for a Social Media Director to be based at our super cool headquarters in beautiful Boca Raton, FL. We will consider candidates from out of town/state that are willing to relocate.
Reporting to the Global Head of Brand Marketing, you will help position 4ocean as the authority on ocean plastic pollution by developing a multi-year social media strategy and executing programs that help achieve company objectives.
The role of the Social Media Director is responsible for bringing the 4ocean brand to life through all relevant social media channels. That means you have your finger to the pulse of what our customers want to see and hear, and you are ready to create and deliver content that delivers.
Other fun stuff you'll get to do:
- Develop and build 4ocean's strategy around content, voice, and community to deliver a best-in-class social media experience across all platforms
- Effectively manage daily content, engagement, and conversation across all platforms
- Maintain a social media calendar that includes organizational announcements, product launches, events and contextual brand moments while remaining flexible enough to cover pop-up opportunities
- Measure and report on follower growth, engagement, and community mindset across all platforms
- Develop and execute a robust influencer marketing program that will scale and yield positive ROI
- Collaborating with editorial, partnerships, and PR teams to develop content that aligns with broader goals and increases brand awareness
- Write and deliver marketing briefs to creative teams that will help fulfill the social media teams needs
- Practice web and social listening for trending content, conversations, topics, events and news
- Mentor junior-level staff to deliver platform centric strategies and content that help grow our audience
This is not a role for someone who simply uses Instagram and likes hashtags, this is for someone who really knows how to lead this function professionally, is passionate about the oceans and wants to help end the ocean plastic pollution crisis with great storytelling and engaging content.
Other fun things we'll need you to have:
- 4+ years of experience in a manager and/or director level role
- Must have a strong brand background preferably within a large, eCommerce or CPG (consumer packaged goods) company
- Proven track record of delivering social media wins
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Live and breathe social media while being well versed in current trends and capabilities on each platform
- History developing and implementing an influencer marketing program
- Have an eye for good storytelling and can bring to life complex narratives in easy to digest content
- Prior experience building out a team, managing direct reports and agency partners
- A team player who can build strong relationships both internally and externally while earning confidence of senior stakeholders within the business
- Credibility and confidence to interact with senior leadership team
- Personal passion for sustainability and helping to stop the ocean plastic pollution crisis
It is also super important that all 4ocean employees naturally live and embrace our core values:
• Ocean first
• Think big, act quickly
• Nudge, don't judge
• We're in this together
• Act like an owner
• Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than four years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull over 9 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through advocacy, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, Guatemala and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. As of June 2020, our operations employ over 200 people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top