Product Development Manager
- Boca Raton, FL
4ocean is on a mission to save the world's oceans, and we are looking for a Product Development Manager to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to be based at our Boca Raton headquarters.
Reporting to a Project Manager, you will drive the successful delivery of new products by overseeing new product initiatives from concept to go-to-market strategy & delivery. You will own every aspect of the product launch process working with multiple different departments including Marketing, Product Development, Operations, Sourcing, R/D, Strategy and Legal.
Other fun stuff you'll get to do:
- Lead initiatives to create new products out of recycled ocean plastic
- Ensure timely delivery of projects on aggressive and set deadlines
- Identify ways to increase effectiveness and efficiencies with an eye toward process improvement opportunities
- Maintain clear and consistent channels of communication with the managers, teams and stakeholders to ensure timely and effective communication of statuses and any issues that may be impacting team's delivery
- Lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team, while ensuring project management concepts and principles are adhered to
- Be a voice of reason and authority, with the ability to make the tough calls while facilitating discussions on alternatives or different approaches
- Promote and provide an environment for feedback, team communication and innovation
- Provide daily monitoring and coach and train teams to embrace project workflow in both spirit and practice.
- Support and contribute to the 4ocean stance on building a sustainable future for the ocean
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working as Product Development Manager taking products from concept to production to market
- Project planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting experience
- Must have a solid understanding of the product development process from start to finish for both digital and traditional forms of advertising, with a working knowledge of the steps needed to get from concept brief, to prototype, to creation and production, and finally go-to-market strategy & execution
- A solid understanding of the agile values and principles as well as the ability to train others while keeping the team moving forward at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to identify issues quickly and facilitate discussion for resolution, as well as develop proper mitigation plans
- Ability to prepare formal management presentations, along with organizing and conducting effective meetings
- Excellent relationship management, client facing, team-building, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven track record in managing projects from concept through completion
- Working experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing start-up environment
- Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world's oceans
It is also super important that all 4ocean crew members naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Think big, act quickly
- Nudge don't judge
- We're in this together
- Act like an owner
- Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than two and a half years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull nearly 10 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through technology, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. Our operations employ hundreds of people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top