Education Program Manager
- Boca Raton, FL
4ocean is on a mission to save the world's oceans, and we are looking for an Education Program Manager to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
We are looking for an Education Program Manager to join 4ocean, a role that will be located in our brand new HQ in beautiful Boca Raton, FL.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, you will be our subject matter expert when it comes to all things ocean (marine life to plastics, sustainability, recycling, etc.) and know how to develop that knowledge into an online educational curriculum for fellow Crew Members and 4ocean customers. You can expect to scale the 4ocean educational impact in classrooms worldwide by making learning about the ocean plastic crisis interactive, engaging and actionable in an online learning environment.
While you will be working in close collaboration with our Director of Customer Experience and Head of Brand, we will look to you to provide guidance and strategic direction on where the 4ocean education program should go, and you will be responsible for building this program from the ground up. In doing so, you will develop a world class education program that will earn our place as experts in the world of sustainability.
Additionally, you will be charged with helping to raise the overall competency of our Customer Service team to empower them to be an authority on the ocean plastic crisis when interacting with our customer base. This will be accomplished by developing an ongoing Learning Management System (LMS) for internal educational growth for 4ocean crew members.
Other fun stuff you'll get to do:
• Develop content for an educational section on the 4ocean website helping consumers make ocean minded decisions.
• Drive operations for the education program including strategic planning, overall program expansion and management, as well as departmental administration
• Continue the growth of our repository of cited, referenced work, from which our marketing and customer service teams utilize.
• Have the opportunity to create and mold a department within 4ocean that is expected to have sizable growth and a global impact.
• Develop new & innovative educational opportunities for our team to continue growing their knowledge of the ocean, plastics and recycling.
• Leverage relationships in the education space to onboard new classrooms to our program
As our Education Program Manager, you will have a proven track-record of building curriculum for an online learning environment within an academic or corporate learning setting. You will have a detailed and demonstrable knowledge of how to spur learning engagement with all ages.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
• A degree in Marine Sciences or Education with a focus on marine biology or ocean science
• At least 5 years of experience developing curriculum and/or educational materials in a classroom and/or corporate learning environment
• A proven track record identifying and implementing a Learning Management System (LMS)
• A passion for teaching & intrinsic motivation to help others expand their knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
• Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing start-up environment
• Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
• A desire to truly make a difference in the world
• A passion for sustainability and cleaning the world's oceans
It is also super important that all 4ocean crew members naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Think big, act quickly
- Nudge don't judge
- We're in this together
- Act like an owner
- Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than two and a half years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull over 9 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through advocacy, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, Guatemala and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. As of June 2020, our operations employ over 200 people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top