Cover letters are typically the bane of any job seeker’s existence. After all, it seems impossible to convey your strengths, how badly you want to work for a company, and why the team should hire you in less than a page—while also trying to stand out among hundreds of applicants.
Looking for some quick fixes to your cover letter woes? We combed the internet for some awesome sources on how to rock it.
- A hiring manager who has read over 500 cover letters for entry-level media jobs gives her two cents. (Slate)
- Your cover letter headline could be keeping you from the job. (Undercover Recruiter)
- Make sure you’re writing a cover letter that isn’t putting your reader to sleep. (Fast Company)
- Business Insider recounts the 12 worst cover letters it’s ever received, and there’s a lot to learn. (Business Insider)
- Take these seven phrases out of your cover letter—or else. (YouTern)
- Want an interview? These cover letter tips can help you land one. (US News)
- Dozens of company hiring managers explain why they threw seemingly great cover letters in the trash. (Smashing Magazine)
- Cover letters are like first dates. Here’s why (and how to make the right impression). (SimplyHired)
Want more totally awesome cover letter tips? Check out our suggestions!
- The Worst Cover Letter Ever Written (Literally!)
- The Mind Trick That Will Change the Way You Write Cover Letters Forever
- The Cover Letters That Make Hiring Managers Smile (Then Call You)