When it comes to getting that big fat raise or next level promotion, you’ll never know if you never ask. Regardless of how hard you work, how much you want that promotion, or how much you really need that raise, nobody—not even a manager who is more like a friend —can read your mind or will freely offer to hand over more moolah.
It’s time to stand up for your career and take the next step toward your improved professional future. We decided to gather up the best links to help you ask for—and get—that raise you deserve.
- Start out with this play-by-play guide to when and how to ask for it . ( LearnVest )
- Negotiate your way to a higher salary with advice from these seven experts . ( PureWow )
- Conquer the fear of hearing “no” by stepping outside of your comfort zone . ( Babble )
- Come to an agreement by avoiding these 16 promotion-seeking mistakes . ( Yahoo Finance )
- Figure out how to get more even when nothing is being offered with these 14 clever ideas . ( Forbes )
- Want to expedite the promotion process ? These seven tricks will help you get the job done. ( Fast Company )
- Find out why you haven’t asked for that promotion yet and break the cycle . ( Ivy Exec )
- Despite the economic climate, you’re always allowed to ask for a raise. Follow these dos and don’ts when seeking that pay increase. ( PayScale )
Want more? Check out some of our great content below!
- 47 Habits of Highly Successful Employees
- Get Unstuck! 5 Steps to Landing That Promotion
- A Simple Way to Make Your Raise Even Bigger
Photo of hand with money courtesy of Shutterstock .
TopicsTools & Skills , Negotiation , Promotions , Raise , Career Advancement , Links We Love , Getting Ahead , Negotiation & Money
In addition to working with The Muse, Catherine is the co-founder of Carpe Juvenis, an online resource for young leaders aiming to grow, learn, and Seize Their Youth. While completing her undergraduate experience at the George Washington University with academic focuses on Political Science and Women’s Studies, Catherine can also be found searching for the best bubble tea in town. Find Carpe Juvenis on Facebook and tweet at Catherine here!More from this Author